=== Before negotiation===
- Delay salary negotiations for as long as possible in the hiring process
- Find out who really has the authority to negotiate salaries in the company
- Know exactly what your salary requirements are
- Do your homework (preparation) before negotiating the job offer: know your competitive market value, know your company-value (current market salary data, your performance evaluations and letters of recommendation, ...)
=== Negotiation ===
- Start the actual negotiations by thanking the employer for the job offer and restating your interest in the position and company.
- Stay positive and remember that a negotiation is about listening to each other and respecting the needs of both parties.
- Start with negotiating your basic salary first and then move on to the benefits, one element at a time.
- Begin at the TOP of your pre-determined salary range (Research often shows a strong link between people's aspirations and the outcome of the negotiations)
- Structure your salary negotiations around the value you bring to the position and company and AVOID mentioning what you need or feel you deserve to be paid.
- Weigh the financial value of the benefits offered as part of your gross income (may add up to 30% of the total compensation).
- Be aware when the final offer has been reached: Get the final offer in writing. (A legitimate offer should be given in writing and if the employer is reluctant to do this it is a major red flag that there is something wrong)
=== After negotiation ===
- As after speciality interview and looking for offer letter, just prepare and get ready for other opportunities, don't wait! And if the employer does not respond after 2 weeks, you should apply others and forget that employer (even when they offer your expected income later) .
- Prepare your job offer acceptance letter: thank the employer, state the full job title, formally accept the job offer, clarify your employment conditions, highlight your appreciation and enthusiasm for the opportunity .
- Polish your skills and prepare essential things (scripts, directory structure, libraries, pen-box, cup, bag, etc...) so that you will set up your environment in new workplace quickly.
Good luck :-) ,
3 months ago